Our registered Company name is Limerick Business Systems Ltd t/a Low Cost Office. Our registered address is Corcanree Business Park, Dock Road, Co.Limerick.
As a company pursuing the supply and sale of Office Stationery , Office Equipment and Office Furniture , we may sometimes need to process your data to pursue our legitimate business interests, for example to prevent fraud, administrative purposes or reporting potential crimes. The nature of our legitimate interests are to ensure we are complaint in line with statutory legislation including but not limited to employment legislation. We will never process your data where these interests are overridden by your own interests.
"Contact" is a person contacting us through our website. In other words, a Contact is anyone on a Distribution List. For example, subscriber to our email marketing campaigns would be considered a Contact.
"Member" means any person or entity that is registered with us on our website.
"Personal Information" means any information that identifies or can be used to identify a Member, a Contact, or a Visitor, directly or indirectly. Examples of Personal Information include, but are not limited to, first and last name, email address, ip address or other demographic information.
"Visitor" means any person who visits any of our Websites.
"you" and "your" means, depending on the context, either a customer, a contact, or a visitor.
Information We Collect
The Personal Information that we may collect or receive about you broadly falls into the following categories:
- Information we receive: Customers provide us with certain contact information or other Personal Information such as your name, email address, address or telephone number and payment details. You may have the opportunity to update some of this information by electing to update or manage your preferences in your account details.
Use of Personal Information
We may use the Personal Information we collect or receive about you for our legitimate business interests, including:
- To protect the rights and safety of our Members and third parties, as well as our own.
- To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding.
- To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- For our data analytics projects. Our data analytics projects use data from accounts, including your Personal Information, to provide and improve the Services. We use information, like your purchase history, so we can make more informed predictions, decisions, and products for our Members. For example, we use data from accounts to enable product recommendation.
- Other purposes. To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
We and our partners may use various technologies to collect and store information when you interact with our website or an email campaign, and this may include using cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as pixels and web beacons. For example, we use web beacons in the emails we send. When you receive and engage with a campaign, web beacons track certain behavior such as whether the email sent through the MailChimp platform was delivered and opened and whether links within the email were clicked. They also allow us to collect information such as your IP address, browser, email client type, and other similar details. We use this information to measure the performance of our email campaigns, and to provide analytics information and enhance the effectiveness of our Services.
Legal Basis for Processing
We process Personal Information about you as a data controller as described in this section, where such processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. Our legitimate interests typically include: improving, maintaining, providing, and enhancing our technology, products and services; ensuring the security of the Services and our Website; and for our marketing activities.
Other Data Protection Rights
You may have the following data protection rights:
- To access, correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Information. Low Cost Office takes reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and up to date. You may contact us directly at any time about accessing, correcting, updating or deleting your Personal Information, or altering your data, by emailing us at email@example.com. We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
- In addition, if you are a resident of the EEA, you can object to processing of your Personal Information, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
If you no longer want to be contacted by our Services, please unsubscribe directly from the newsletter or contact the Low Cost Office directly to update or delete your data. If you contact us directly, we may remove or update your information within a reasonable time and after providing notice of your request.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with GDPR. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
How We Share Information
- Our service providers: Sometimes, we share your information with our third-party service providers, who help us provide and support our Services and other business-related functions.
- Delivery Partners: Purchases through our website will be processed by third party companies and disclosure is necessary to complete the transaction.
- Any competent law enforcement body, regulatory body, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (a) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (b) to exercise, establish, or defend our legal rights, or (c) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
- A potential buyer (and its agents and advisors) in the case of a sale, merger, consolidation, liquidation, reorganization, or acquisition.
- Any other person with your consent.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
If you are from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Information described above will depend on the Personal Information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect and use Personal Information from you where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data-protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. Typically, our legitimate interests include improving, maintaining, providing, and enhancing our technology, products, and services; ensuring the security of the Services and our Websites; and for our marketing activities.
If we ask you to provide Personal Information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contact with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your Personal Information is mandatory or not, as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your Personal Information.
Where required by law, we will collect Personal Information only where we have your consent to do so.
Your Choices and Opt-Outs
Visitors who have opted in to our marketing emails can opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of our marketing messages.
Also, all opt-out requests can be made by emailing us. Please note that some communications (such as service messages, account notifications, billing information) are considered transactional and necessary for account management.
We take appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Information.
Low Cost Office website accounts require a username and password to log in. Members must keep their username and password secure, and never disclose it to a third party. Because the information in a Member’s account is so sensitive, account passwords are hashed, which means we cannot see a Member’s password. We cannot resend forgotten passwords either. We will only provide Members with instructions on how to reset them.
Retention of Data
We retain Personal Information where we have an ongoing legitimate business or legal need to do so. Our retention periods will vary depending on the type of data involved, but, generally, we'll refer to these criteria in order to determine retention period:
- Whether we have a legal or contractual need to retain the data.
- Whether the data is necessary to provide our Services.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Changes to this Policy
Questions & Concerns
If you have any questions or comments, or if you have a concern about the way in which we have handled any privacy matter, please send us a message. You may also contact us by postal mail or email at: email@example.com